Abrasive Technology developed a unique, state-of-the-art diamond brazed bonding system known as P.B.S.® in which diamonds are brazed in place on the tool. Not only does it promote high diamond exposure, but it also eliminates the loss of diamond particles through pull-out. And, the abrasive section will not strip or peel. The result: aggressive tools that last longer, cut faster, run cooler and load less, providing increased productivity and part consistency. The system provides several key advantages:
- It is well-suited for cutting non-metallic materials such as graphite epoxy, FRP, graphite, fiberglass, friction material, honeycomb and other composites.
- It performs with exceptional speed and efficiency for composite applications.
- It provides maximum exposure of diamond crystals, engineered for fast stock removal.
- It is ideal for machining tough-to-cut materials where fast stock removal and deep cuts are required.
- Tools are custom-manufactured in special non-standard sizes and forms for tight tolerance and custom work.